Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 52
Chapter 52 – Condemnation II
“Hmm, so I have to come in person?”
Hearing such good news from Shin Yun Ah, I involuntarily smiled. I didn’t really care that much about the location of our meeting, I was more interested in how I could leverage my Psychometry skill to play holographic clips from the minister’s watches, badges, and glasses afterwards. But if we met in his office, I would have a better chance of learning something about the man and his surroundings.
“Well, I wouldn’t mind, would I?”
Without thinking long, I called Minister Lee Han Gu’s office and gave the okay to meet, then got in my car and went to the Ministry of Spatial Gate Management.
***When I arrived at my destination, I was not able to meet the minister right away because he is a busy man. One of his aides asked me to wait for a while.
“Something tells me he doesn’t want to apologize.”
Even though I arrived exactly at the appointed time, I waited for the minister for about an hour.
“Well, it’s not as bad as it looks.”
I was able to shorten my wait by engaging the skill of “Psychometry” and learning just how rotten Minister Lee Han Gu is. He’s got everyone under his thumb, including members of parliament, corporations, large guilds, and those who oversee the dungeons.
“Yes, things are pretty bad with security…”
The problem was that the employees of the Ministry of Spatial Gate Management were mere humans, meaning that there were no Players among them.
“But that’s even better!”
I was free to use the Psychometry skill to find out all the background information.
After some more time, an assistant came for me.
– Let’s go in! The minister is expecting you.
– Okay,” I answered and got up from my seat.
When I entered the minister’s office I was immediately confronted by him. When he saw me he grimaced and made no secret of it.
– Hmm, so it’s you, Choi Hyun Seong? You’re very young. You seem to be as old as my grandchildren. Why would someone so young…
Even though I had come to apologize, the minister continued to talk me down with completely unnecessary details. But it was even to my advantage, while Lee Han Gu was saying something under his nose, I reactivated Psychometrics.
“What a nasty guy…”
No, Lee Han Gu had no idea that his entire background had been exposed. About him and all his associates.
– So are you going to apologize?
Hearing my question, Minister Lee Han-gu immediately blushed.
– Ahem, I’m sorry. However, as someone involved in public affairs, I just couldn’t help but do so. Ministers are not allowed to handle public affairs on their own, so you understand me too…
But I couldn’t understand, is this his way of making excuses or his way of apologizing?
– Then why aren’t you doing your job properly?
– I said, why don’t you do your job right? Why are you not doing everything right? What about the damaged equipment? For example, a fireman fought a fire and saved enough people’s lives, but you are not going to charge a person for the cost of the uniform he was wearing that day, are you?
Minister Lee Han-gu changed his face. He got tougher, but I kept on going:
– Fines for not complying with the contract? What kind of noncompliance? A man did his job and died on the battlefield, so I have to pay for it? Are you serious? Officers or NCOs on active duty who died in combat would not, a priori, be able to complete their due service, so they too would have to pay fines?
I noticed the minister’s chin begin to tremble.
– I really tried to put two and two together in my head, but I couldn’t find any logic in your actions. Can a three-year old child know something beyond his years, some world truth of which the minister has no idea?
The minister was covered in crimson with anger.
– Of course, I’m not saying you’re an idiot…
And then the minister exploded:
– How dare you talk to me like that! You think I don’t know anything?
– What are you talking about? Weren’t you the one who was rude from the start?
When I finished speaking, I shook my head and mumbled:
– What do you mean by that? You’re just making a load of bullshit up my ears…
Of course, my words were almost inaudible, but the minister, who was standing right in front of me, could not even pretend to be deaf.
– You little puppy…! What did you just say?! I am a minister, a minister! I was a member of the National Assembly! What are you trying to prove, kid? Since you were lucky enough to wake up as a player, you’re trying to humiliate me? How could you…? – Lee Han Gu was so mad that he hurled insults left and right.
But he soon cooled down and came to his senses.
I was overflowing with magic. It was bursting out, tingling all over my body. In my eyes, the minister now looked like a poor herbivore about to be attacked by a predator. Besides, regardless of his will, he was shaking.
– Should I just kill you? – I whispered.
Lee Han Gu froze in place. A moment later, I saw his pants get wet, and a clear puddle spread across the floor. His legs buckled and he sank heavily to the floor.
– Oh, I think you’ve wet yourself… Oh, and you’re dirty, too. You must be very embarrassed right now.
I knelt down and looked the minister in the eyes.
– Let’s live together from now on. Don’t throw words to the wind, but tell it like it is. Without any embellishments,” I said and tapped the Minister’s head.
I heard nothing back. Neither from him nor from his assistant. Lee Han-gu sat motionless, like a sculpture.
– Oh, one more thing. I wanted to let you know that I wrote down all the nasty things you said earlier. So I can file a complaint against you for insult. See you in court,” I said and walked out of the minister’s office.
As I reached the elevator, I heard Lee Han Gu’s exasperated cry.
“Oh, what a relief!”
I never thought this scream would be a balm for my soul.
“I wonder what’s going to happen next?”
***- What a scumbag! – Li Han Gu said, looking at the complaints lying before him.
There was no end to them. And despite the minister’s best efforts to prove that a Player named Choi Hyun-sung was intimidating him, he was defeated. Of course, the Player is criminally liable if he harms the public, but no one could prove my guilt because there wasn’t a scratch on the bodies of the aide and the minister, only naturally damaged things that couldn’t be produced as evidence.
If Lee Han-gu tried to do this, he would tarnish his own name. So all he had to do was say that the Player threatened him. In any case, the VIP who had listened to the voice file I had sent was interested in what was going on. And that once again struck a nerve with the minister. Besides, the recording didn’t show me talking very quietly.
“And why did I do that?”
To be honest, Lee Han Gu didn’t realize it himself. He is a man who rose to the position of minister himself. If Lee Han-gu hadn’t won the election a few years ago, he would still be sitting in the National Assembly. In any case, he is a sophisticated and shrewd politician. Yes, very brash, but too weak to keep a mask of equanimity to the very end.
“That’s not the most important thing right now.”
Even though a controversial situation has arisen out of all this, it is foolish to ponder the “what ifs” when everything has already happened. All I have to do now is wait out the storm.
Carelessness and high self-esteem can cause a man to lose his position.
“I think I should apologize.”
Now is not the time to get cocky. First, we should find Choi Hyun Seong and apologize to him. Yes, it’s humiliating, but he didn’t want to lose his position.
– Minister! – The aide said as he entered the office.
– What happened?
– Take a look at this.
The color of the minister’s face began to change from what he was looking at in his aide’s smartphone.
– This, what the hell is this?
– We must stop this immediately.
In response, Lee Han-gu only nodded satisfactorily.
– Contact the media and call the heads of enterprises.
– Okay, will do!
The minister and his assistant plunged into the abyss of urgent matters that emerged because of the leaked information on the internet regarding Lee Han Gu.
***”And this skill is better than I thought!”
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
On the one hand, it is the most common skill, belonging to the category of “provocation” and not particularly popular. And that’s because it doesn’t really help during battles with monsters. And I myself since the study almost never used it. But, despite the fact that it is an ordinary skill, and its usefulness in combat is practically useless, it works great on ordinary people in everyday life. I might have had difficulty if Lee Han Gu was a Gambler and used a mental protection skill, but that didn’t happen.
Although nowadays a lot of ordinary people are interested in passive health related skills. And people who don’t fight monsters willingly give a lot of money for such things. Generally speaking, you can acquire mental barriers this way as well, as long as you have the monetary resources.
“Selling skills to ordinary people is cheating.
I used ordinary skills like stealth only in the beginning, but later, after I was pumped up, I couldn’t find the right use for them. I think I could still use them, though.
“See if you can stop me…”
Information about the minister went viral on the Internet in no time. Cutting off the oxygen to what was already on the World Wide Web was almost impossible.
“Wow, a lot of Players have risen up.
Medium-sized guilds and small groups of Players rose up one after another like flaming flames. Their anger cannot be described in words. Some even went on strike.
“‘A strike can turn into a riot.
If the Players go on strike, it is impossible to foresee the extent of the mutiny to come. Due to the fact that the Players instead of clearing the dungeons actively show their discontent, the number of monsters will increase, and this can lead to terrible consequences. In addition, in order to pacify people with superpowers, an army will have to be mobilized, followed by civil war.
“There’s actually one simple way to solve this problem.
Cut the problem at the root. Namely to legally punish Lee Han-gu for all his atrocities. If there are no fools sitting in the government, they won’t turn against the Players to cover up the minister’s actions.