Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 49
Chapter 49 – Superprofits
The air was shaken by the spinning blades of the helicopter, and just a minute later a familiar transport loomed on the horizon.
No sooner had the helicopter landed than someone jumped out of it and quickly headed in our direction. As it turned out, this person who had jumped out of the helicopter I knew.
“Shin Yoon Ah?”
It was the same girl who had led me to the Players Association. Suddenly she jumped up to me and hugged me tightly. Shin Yun Ah was so fast that I didn’t even have time to react.
– You’re really alive! I’m so happy!
I just smiled back at her. It was nice to have someone from the Association worrying about me so much. But the embrace did not last long.
– Huh? “Shin Yun Ah’s surprised face started to turn purple, which must have made her hurriedly try to move to a ‘safe’ distance. – Where… are your clothes?
– Gone in the blue drake’s stomach,” I answered awkwardly.
As soon as I said it, the relaxed atmosphere became awkward.
A little while later, Park Wu Dae returned and saved everyone from this situation, if only by bringing me things.
– Here, put this on.
It didn’t take me long to put on what I was given. It was not my size at all, but I was not in a position to complain either.
The helicopter in which Shin Yoon Ah was flying safely reached the set point, and a group of Players immediately poured out of it. Despite the decent altitude, everyone landed successfully.
– Oh, it was so touching! By the way Yoon Ah, you surprised us!
– What is it? – Yoon In Ha asked in response to her reckless words.
– I didn’t know he was younger! Isn’t that your boyfriend who you’ve been hiding from everyone?
– Ha ha, how funny…” replied Shin Yoon Ah with a frown.
– Alright, I won’t do it again! – Yoon In Hwan stretched out loudly as he saluted.
But you could tell by the guy’s face that he was still joking and cringing.
– But why are you here? I gave the order to retreat and told everyone to go back.
– After seeing what was going on, how could we go back? We were curious to see someone who handled the blue drake alone.
Kang In Hwi, not hiding her interest, smiled and shifted her gaze to me.
– Wow, he’s also my type! Does he have a girlfriend? – She asked clearly, heading in my direction.
– Hyun Seong almost survived and you’re making jokes here! – Shin Yoon Ah said sternly and blocked Kang In Hwi’s path.
– Pfft, it’s not a joke! Why are you getting all pissed off? Really…
Despite the girl’s playful mood, the expression on Shin Yoon Ah’s face remained unchanged.
– Stop making jokes. What Choi Hyun Seong needs right now is to rest, or even to go to the hospital. I understand you’re wondering how Hyun Seong managed to defeat the blue dragon, but if you’ll excuse us, we need to go to the hospital.
I have to be honest, I was feeling fine by now, but the situation still forced me to visit the hospital.
– I hope you don’t mind if we use the helicopter you flew here in to transport Choi Hyun Seong,” Shin Yoon Ah said and grabbed my hand.
We took off into the sky and were in the helicopter in no time.
– Shit!” said Kang In Hwi sadly.
– Well, you have to admit we really weren’t very discreet. Although I’m still curious as to how he handled the blue drake all by himself. ‘If Shin Yoon Ah is so concerned about him, then that Player is unusual,’ said Yoon In Hwan as he curiously watched the helicopter fly away.
– In that case, we’ll ask him about it later.
– But man, that’s weird. He’s younger than I thought!
The ranchers continued to chat and occasionally glanced over to where the blue drake should be. Their interest in what had happened was only growing.
I was taken to the hospital immediately. All my vitals were normal and so were my tests. Even the doctor said I was too healthy for someone who’d been through this.
I told him how I’d managed to survive in the monster’s stomach, leaving out only two details. About the vampire sword and Immortality. Instead, I only mentioned the Hemolysis Sword. Shin Yoon Ah was very surprised to hear that a rare level item had been upgraded to a unique-heroic level, and congratulated me on my new acquisition.
After the hospital, I went home. As soon as I appeared on the doorstep, my mother cried again when she saw me safe and sound.
VVIP bulletin board.
There was a hell of a lot going on here.
[Macco Weiss – you @$*#%&]
Published by Dasha T.
What kind of riot did you instigate? It’s been half a month since the batteries ran out and there are still no new ones! It’s all because of you! You’re responsible for what’s going on! Now sell the batteries you have left!
You should have bought more. I, for one, still have some left.
Dasha T: – You’re such an ulcer… Get lost!
Brox: – Dear Brough, if you have any batteries left, would you sell them? I’ll even pay you three times as much.
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
Brough: – They’re not for sale. I don’t have enough of them myself.
What if I paid four times as much?
[Does anyone know what dimension Macco Weiss lives in?]
Publicist – Bethar.
I’m going to catch this asshole. If you know someone who knows where he is, please let me know.
Androbit: – You didn’t have enough thirty million points for batteries, but enough to open the dimensional gate? Ah-ah-ah!
Turchin: – You’re bluffing.
Fubektu: – I agree. Even if you know its location, with no glasses, no one will be able to open the spatial gate.
Oka Baer: – But what if it’s not Makko Weiss that he wants to catch, but Choi Hyun Seong’s salesman?
Jeon Moo Young: – Choi Hyun Seong has been in business for less than a year. He’s under the protection of the system, so there’s nothing you can do.
Oka Baer: Oh, that’s right…
[Choi Hyun Seong we were wrong.]
Publisher – Jin So Pyung
From now on, I will buy items silently. So please add new items!
Jeon Moo Young: – Choi Hyun Seong is still low, are you sure he’ll see this?
Nyai Shujo: – That’s right. It’s useless to write here.
[Let’s file complaints about the products that Makko Weiss sells!]
Publicist – Jang Moo Guk
Looking at all of this, I think Makko Weiss thought that Choi Hyun Seong was living too well, so he decided to pull this off. Besides, aren’t the items that Makko Weiss sells from the “hobby” category? I believe that with Choi Hyun Seong entering the market, Makko Weiss’ sales dropped, which is why he decided to get back at him. I think Makko Weiss intentionally boycotted and put Choi Hyun Seong’s business on hold. If I’m wrong, he couldn’t have put his best-selling product back on the market, could he? If you look at the sales report, it hasn’t stopped. Besides, he encouraged us to write complaints. I’m sure this guy was pursuing his own goal of taking out a competitor. So I suggest we do the same to him!
Bethar: – I second that. That scumbag was just using us!
Jin So Pyung: – I second that.
Dasha T: – Sustained.
Brax: – I second that.
Makko Weiss: – That’s not fair! By the way, the boycott was a great idea. How long does it take for some new guy to take a chunk out of your business? Do you really think I did it just to get a competitor out of the way?
Jang Mu Guk: – Yes, it looks that way. I think you’ve got your head screwed on that ground there. And it looks like your business is booming again, doesn’t it?
Vifar: – I think a complaint writing campaign is necessary in this heated situation.
Jin So Pyung: – I support that.
Dasha T: – I support it.
Teru: – Look at this, those who just recently fought shoulder to shoulder have turned against each other.
Bro: – I knew it would end like this when I first saw the boycott post.
Teru: – They’re just stupid.
Browe: – I think so, too.
Now, Macco Weiss, who started this whole mess, has turned the whole market against himself. What’s the big deal, he brought it on himself. Macco Weiss tried to prove his innocence by arguing some nonsense, but all his attempts to wash himself of these sins were in vain. And in the end, all the wrath of the market came down on him, and his activities were suspended for three months.
I didn’t even know this boycott existed, so after all hell broke loose, I decided to replenish my stock and positions. South Korea was hit hard, but the damage caused by the second cataclysm was far less than elsewhere in the world. The country recovered quickly and just as quickly took up new explorations, getting fresh monster corpses and rocks. At first, the unrest in society did not abate, but later things returned to normal.
– Wow, what a choice,” I noted optimistically.
As usual, it was just my disguise.
– Yes, fortunately, our store was not damaged. After the power grid was restored, we immediately began to put together an order for you! – The store clerk said with a smile.
– Well, in that case I will take everything.
– Ok. Thank you,” the guy behind the counter smiled again.
After the second cataclysm, the stores were open again, but the electronics were not selling well. Despite the fact that the volume of goods sold increased, sales in the offline stores remained low. If I did not buy from them on a regular basis, I might not have known when the store would reopen its doors, because sales were very much down due to the resulting confusion and martial law. But then I showed up and shopped again for a large sum, so the salesman and store owner just couldn’t help but smile.
“I guess he didn’t regret trusting me.”
The salesman brought out the pre-prepared batteries, after which I immediately placed them in the sales window. Well, and I remembered to increase the price of the items a bit. Now there was no reason to lower the price, because at the current price this category of goods was bought up instantly. There was a shortage after all.
“If sales drop, of course I’ll lower the price…”
As soon as I put high-capacity batteries on sale, I was immediately notified.
[Your registered item was purchased]
[Your registered item was purchased]
[Your registered item was purchased]
There seemed to be no end to the alerts.
I increased the price of the batteries slightly again. But the new notifications still kept signaling sale items.
“Maybe I should raise it a little more.” – I thought and smiled slyly.