Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 28
Chapter 28 – Creating Chaos (Part 1)
The red-haired wolves roared fiercely and surrounded me on all sides. I leisurely used my blind skills and swept away the wolves closest to me. After a while, my surroundings became clear, after which the stones scattered everywhere moved safely into subspace.
I used to have to leave these stones behind after hunting. Now that I have subspace, it’s no longer a pressing problem for me. It’s like in games, when an item you receive is dropped, it is automatically examined and placed in your “luggage.
On the one hand, I now have the subspace skill, so that the number of stones I receive can be hidden from everyone. But on the other hand, this skill also helps me a lot when I’m hunting. I wonder what makes it so? After I bought subspace, I was able to achieve my goal in a fairly short time.
[Incredible achievement (legendary)
You killed 10,000 red-haired wolves of various levels by yourself
Reward: Rank [Executioner of Red-Haired Wolves (Legendary)]
“Well I’m finally done here,” I blurted out in a smile. – I think I’ve had enough of this place for today, all that’s left is to sort out the goodies I’ve received.
I’d done my best to get the Executioner’s title, so I was as exhausted as a lemon. I had no energy left, so I took my time and headed for the exit, using subspace again. I was so engrossed in the hunt today that I didn’t even look at what was piling up in my luggage.
I wasn’t worried about the stones. But if I found a Book of Skills or a useful item, I’d be glad to have it.
– I already had that,” I said, and pulled the familiar Book of Skills out of subspace. – Wow, what’s that?
I darted my eyes around and looked at the new book.
[Regenerating Wind (Normal)]
Passive ability: speeds up the regeneration process.
[Do you want to read the regular Regenerating Wind book?]
– Finally something new!
Among all the ordinary books, this one is the most expensive. Yes, this book was quite ordinary, but nevertheless Players who were frequently injured, regardless of their ranking position, were no strangers to using this skill.
“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it.”
And I clicked “Yes”-at that moment, it was as if all the magic of the book had been absorbed into my body, after which a strange message appeared:
[You can’t read the regular Regenerating Wind book.]
I can’t read it? That can’t be right! And then I noticed that this message had a sequel:
[The unique and rare book Immortality swallowed up the normal Regenerating Wind.]
[You have improved the passive skill Immortality].
– What the hell is that? – I wondered, then opened the status window and clicked on Immortality.
[Immortality (uniquely rare)]
Passive ability: ability not to die while head on shoulders; slow recovery of all wounds; a skill that can be improved.
The description of the book is exactly the same as the day I got it. Nothing has changed.
“But the message does say that the skill has improved.
Earlier I had no idea how this skill could be improved, but now everything is falling into place.
– This thing absorbs regenerating skills…
Regenerating wind is not compatible with Immortality. So that’s how it turned out that the stronger skill absorbed the weaker one.
– And how many times can it be improved like that?
Now I didn’t know how to check how much a skill had improved. I made a small wound on my finger with the Vampire Sword. In a few seconds it slowly began to heal.
“I don’t see any difference,” I thought irritably. – How many books do I need to devour to see the results?”
As I said before, Regenerating Wind is one of the most expensive skill books, costing thirty million won. But no matter how high the price is, the effectiveness of the skill has not changed after the absorption.
– Yeah, that’s not good at all…
The fact that I would have to spend a lot of time to improve the skill depressed me.
After leaving the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon, I turned on my cell phone to call my mother. But as soon as my smartphone was turned on, the calls started coming to me on their own. Calls from unknown numbers.
“Could it be another spam?”
But the number started with +010 and it wasn’t registered in the app, blocking numbers that are usually spammed from.
“Okay, then I’ll pick up the phone.”
After all, it could have been someone I knew who had recently changed their number calling. Besides, if it turned out to be spam, it wouldn’t take much effort to hang up.
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
– Hello! Is this Choi Hyun Seong?
– Who is this?
This is the first time I’ve heard a voice from the other side.
– My name is Seo Dae Woon. I am the commander of the second team of the Seow Guild.
Hearing about the Sow Guild immediately made me skewer.
– If you’re not going to accept my demands, then don’t call me again.
– You asked for an advance of one hundred billion, right?
– Yes, that’s right.
– We accept your terms. What time would be convenient for you to meet us and sign the contract?
I’m a little confused by what I’ve heard.
– Are you serious right now?
– Of course I am. We can’t lie to you when it’s such a big sum of money.
– I’m on the hunt right now, so it would be a little problematic to meet at the moment. Can you send me the contract to review?
– Yes, of course, we’ll send it right away.
– Then I will call you when I get acquainted with the document,” I said and hung up.
Some time later I received the contract.
“Well, I’ll have to say goodbye to my vacation…”
I gathered my feet in my hands and headed for the law office.
Immediately upon my arrival, I did not hesitate to show the lawyer the contract, having first deleted the amount of the advance.
– This is a very competent contract. In addition, the social benefits are good. But there are clauses that allow the drafters of this contract to ask for everything back in case of unforeseen circumstances.
– What do you mean? What is wrong with those clauses? – I asked cautiously.
– Let’s start with this section. The contract can be terminated if a member of the guild suffers damage. Actually, this point is a bit illogical, because everything will depend on the opinion of the guild’s top management. Also, the contract can be terminated if the abilities of the joining guild are insufficient. Here, consider the same thing.
So in other words, I can be kicked out at the snap of a finger if the guild leadership so chooses. It’s easy to do because there are no clear rules.
– Of course, I don’t know how high an advance was offered to you, but there are heavy penalties in this contract. If the contract is terminated through the fault of the contractor, the amount of the fine will be ten times the amount of the said advance.
I assumed they might pull something like that. In every barrel of honey let there be a spoon of tar, and in my case a sweet contract, but there’s poison in that too.
– I can advise you to demand an amendment to the penalty clause, and if they agree to remove that clause, you won’t suffer in the future if you sign the contract.
“Looks like I won’t have to find another lawyer,” I smirked.
At first I thought that if I was going to be told only good things, I would have to visit another law firm for comparison, but the need to do so itself fell away.
And my phone rang again. This time it was the leader of the first scout team.
“Well, I have to tell them everything.”
I was really thinking of venting all my anger at them over this shenanigans in the contract.
– Can we continue with you after the phone call? – I asked the lawyer.
– Yes, of course.
I walked out the door and pressed the “accept call” button.
– Choi Hyun Seong, how do you do? I’m calling you about the contract. Wouldn’t you agree to the amount of fifty billion? – Go Jin Sung said after I answered the phone.
What I heard made me feel dizzy.
– Is my request really that high for you? I asked for a hundred billion, not half that amount.
– Ha-ha, I know, but you must realize that even though the Sow Guild is quite large, it will be difficult for us to pay such a large sum. I’m afraid that’s all we can offer you.
– I’ll think about it.
– What? Are you serious? – Go Jin Seong asked in surprise.
I wasn’t expecting anything, so I reacted positively.
– Yes. May I take a look at the contract?
– Yes, of course. We’ll send it to you right away.
I hung up. In less than five minutes I received the contract.
– Excuse me, could you take another look at this copy of the contract? – I asked the lawyer.
– You seem to be an excellent gambler. Let’s take a look at it.
Of course, he had no reason to refuse, since the longer the consultation, the more he would get. I showed the lawyer the contract, again erasing the amount of the advance.
After studying the document carefully, there was some ambiguity on the lawyer’s face.
– This contract, which you just gave me, was made by the same guild as the contract we looked at earlier?
– How did you know? – I asked with surprise.
– The style of the documents is the same. But there are some differences. There are fewer pitfalls in this contract, but they are similar. Besides, in this contract the fine is five times the amount of the advance payment.
In any case, there were a lot of loopholes in both the first and second versions of the contract.
– Do you happen to know why one guild would send different contracts? – I asked the lawyer.
I already had a hunch, but I wanted to be sure.
– I suppose they want to test you. If the contracts were sent separately, there are internal conflicts in the guild right now. This is an advantage for you, as you will be able to choose the most favorable terms.
– Couldn’t you draw up a new contract based on the first version of the contract, just with the elimination of the obscure clauses?
– Of course I can. I have more than a hundred contracts under my belt. You can count on me!
– In that case take care of me.
After a while the new document was ready.
– Good,” I said, smiling my thirty-two teeth as the document was in my hands.
When I left the law office, I began searching for information about the Sow Guild.
“Oh, there’s so much here.”
Something serious had happened, since such a large guild was divided because of an internal conflict.
– The head of the guild, Ma Ji Hoon, and the deputy, Jung Sung Woo.
I didn’t know which “part” of the guild the Seo Dae-woon and Ko Jin-sung who called me belonged to, but I basically didn’t need to know, since phone calls could already make a mess within the guild. In the first instance, I decided to call Seo Dae-woon.
– The commander of the second support team, Seo Dae-Woon, is at the machine.
– This is Choi Hyun Seong.
– Ah, it’s you! Have you made up your mind?
– I’ve been thinking… I think the amount specified in the contract is still a bit small. Could we increase it to 200 billion?
– I can’t give you an exact answer now, but I think it’s possible.
– And up to three hundred billions?
There was a pause in the tube.
– Are you kidding right now? – Seo Dae Woon raised his voice.
– No. Actually, not so long ago I got a call from Go Jin Sung, the commander of the first scout team. You don’t seem to be getting along well with him…
I deliberately left the phrase unsaid.
– No doubt we will provide much better conditions than Go Jin Seong!
I smiled at what I heard.