Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 26
Chapter 26 – Players Association (Part 2)
The decision was made to close the dungeon, but not permanently, of course. It was closed for the time being, until the proceedings of the case were concluded. The Red-Haired Wolf dungeon, which the Players were now forbidden to enter, was under investigation in full swing.
– Two members of the security department had been killed, unable to resist him. There were also traces that showed where the monster came out of the space gate, but there’s no evidence to prove it came back in,” said Kim Dong-soo, a monster-tracking specialist.
– Are you saying that this monster is walking around the dungeon right now? That just can’t be! We’ve thoroughly searched all over the place! – Shin Yoon Ah said.
– I don’t know exactly what happened here either. Let’s start by tracing the monster by what we could find,” Kim Dong Soo replied, holding a stony expression on his face.
– Alright. But I’ll go with you.
– Thank you. I’m very grateful to you, Shin Yoon Ah,” the monster tracker said with a nod of thanks.
Kim Dong Soo is a Player with outstanding monster tracking skills, but unfortunately, he is not strong in combat. That’s why he couldn’t refuse the help of a Player that is gifted with strong magical abilities. Everyone would be better off if Shin Yun Ah accompanied him.
– I don’t have any other choice. It’s my job after all.
After talking, the two of them set off on the trail of the monster.
– This is where it attacked the low level Players who were hunting. And then he went this way,” Kim Dong Soo outlined the situation as if it were happening right in front of his eyes. – Hmm… that’s pretty strange.
– What are you talking about?
– The monster here attacked the Player. At first I thought he was hit, but clearly he wasn’t. He wrestled with him for a while first, and only then escaped.
Suddenly Kim Dong-soo paced faster.
– He continued to defend himself and joined the battle. But the one who fought back against the monster was alone.
Clinging to new details, the specialist didn’t stop:
– I can still feel the magic of the school of fire in this place. Yes, and it seems that this Player’s dexterity is quite high. I suppose he could be a member of the Dark Knight class.
Kim Dong-soo, who had recently been running around the dungeon like a wind-up, suddenly stopped in one place and started tasting the ground.
– Here the monster was very seriously wounded. I’m sure he lost a lot of blood.
– A serious wound? – Shin Yun Ah asked him astonishedly.
The security personnel here were powerless. So how could a monster get seriously wounded by an ordinary Player?
– I think it was a Dark Knight Class Player… Or maybe a Mage Class Player, since my sense is that he has a very high level of magic and developed dexterity. He definitely used a strong magic skill.
Kim Dong-soo walked quickly again on the trail of what was left after the fight with the monster.
– This is where it ended.
– Yes. I think it’s a Mage Class Player after all. Here he approached the monster and killed it with some magic skill. So I can definitely say it’s the work of a mage. Most likely, the monster’s residual magic turned into stone or object, so we can’t find the body.
Shin Yun Ah’s jaw dropped from surprise. Any Player from the Dark Knight class, with the exception of certain individuals, could be called an orchestrated person. It is difficult for such Players to play a single role in a group.
But if you compare this fact and what happened in the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon, was it possible to kill this three-headed monster alone?
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
– The player who fought here was plus or minus level 24?
No one could confirm the level. But it certainly wasn’t a security officer, since those who were watching the spatial gate were killed by the monster. They didn’t even have time to move. In addition, it has already been confirmed that the monster was killed by a dungeon hunter.
– Didn’t you renew your Player ID?
It was one of those documents that had to be renewed every two years. Of course, there are some Players who are afraid to renew their IDs, but not many. But the rest do the paperwork as soon as the time comes. After two years from the date of issuance of the card, the Player is issued a new card. The reason why it is necessary to change the ID after two years is because that is how long it takes for a Player to complete his first Awakening. In addition, it is necessary to prove one’s level so that one can begin work as a security officer.
Of course, there are those who never complete their first Awakening in two years. That’s why the Players Association decides who has the talent for this activity and who doesn’t.
– Yeah, that’s really weird. How much of a level do you have to raise before you can change your credentials, then? Probably about 50 levels.
If you enlist the help of the guild, you can increase the level even more. But on that day, none of the dungeon-hunting Players had enlisted the help of the guild.
– Of course this is strange. Even if a Player who had a strong trump card up his sleeve could handle a three-headed monster, why would he hunt a low-level dungeon?
The Red-Haired Wolf dungeon is designed for Players of levels 15-20. And the level monster that easily killed two security personnel must be over a hundred. A strong Player who could single-handedly defeat a level 100 monster has absolutely no reason to hunt here.
– Can’t you track down the Player who killed this thing?
– Hmm, I can try,” Kim Dong-soo replied, looking at the floor.
The problem was that Kim Dong-soo was an expert at tracking monsters, but not Players.
– Immediately after the end of the battle, the traces of the Player are lost. It might not be so easy to track down this Player. And, in fact, the dungeon landscape is not that good for tracking.
– But you did manage to find traces of the Player and the monster’s battle.
– Yes, even on hard ground a heavyweight monster will leave footprints when it moves. Here, you can see them with the naked eye. And you can’t see the tracks of a light Player unless he’s fighting and using abilities,” Kim Dong-soo replied with a puzzled expression.
The landscape of each dungeon is different. In the case of the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon, however, tracking someone’s movements was quite problematic.
– And there is no indication that the Player used any skill after the battle. If he was using something, I could at least track him by the residual magical energy,” the monster specialist concluded.
– Apparently, I’m asking you to do the impossible. I’m sorry,” Shin Yoon Ah said and bowed.
– “Never mind. I apologize to you too for not helping with this,” Kim Dong-soo bowed back without knowing why.
Even though he was older than her, Kim Dong-soo was deferential to Shin Yoon-ah since she was a higher ranking member of the Players Association. Apparently, that’s what prompted him to return the respectful etiquette.
– Can we go back now?
– I think so,” Shin Yoon Ah replied, and they headed for the exit of the dungeon.
The investigation was over. Now the girl had to report everything that had happened to the management. But Shin Yun Ah had mixed feelings. The investigation was over, but many questions still hadn’t been answered.
– I think we should take a closer look at the list of Players who went in and out of the dungeon that day.
Certainly there was a strong Player in that dungeon who killed a level 100 monster and didn’t change his ID because it hadn’t been two years.
– If such a Player is found, he should definitely be in the Players Association!
The Players Association is a government agency. And guilds are run by private citizens. Besides, sponsored enterprises have more influence.
When the Players’ Association first appeared, the Players’ Association had a strong influence, but every year the number of the Players themselves kept increasing, thanks to which the state came to peace and quiet. And after a while the influence of the Association waned, when the influence of the guilds, on the contrary, only increased. After that, in fact, the Association began to pay less and the guilds, accordingly, more. So the Players had no doubts about where to go now. Even the Players who used to work for the Association migrated to the guilds. The Association tried to regain its former glory, but nothing good came of it. After that, the Players’ Association decided to innovate.
Gone are the days when politicians explained about dungeons, monsters and Players, or held high positions and told what to do. Therefore, they began to hire ordinary Players as employees to fill the vacated positions. After the reforms, the Association promised to pay big salaries, provide support and attract new Players. However, even this did not help much. The whole point was that the image of the Players’ Association as a sacrificial and unsuccessful organization was reinforced in the masses. As a result, because of the bad image all new Players were dispersed by the guilds. The Association had to hire and pay excessive fees to Players who were nothing.
This was not the end of the Association’s attempts to change things. After a while it managed to clear its name a little, but it never really expanded.
– It’s true!
Somebody did find a newcomer with a lot of potential.
– So there’s no way I’m missing it.
She just has to find that Player this time.
I went back to my daily life the next morning. Even though my mother’s and sister’s worries had only increased, I couldn’t give up on the life of the Gambler.
– I must finish my hunt in the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon.
The dungeon in which I originally hunted turned out to be closed. Fortunately, there was more than one. So I went to another one that was far enough away from home. That was the reason for my decision to move to another area.
In fact, it was not so easy for me to part with my family, with whom I had lived together for a long time, but it was necessary for my development. I packed my bags and headed to the bus station.
– So how do I improve this skill?
[Immortality (uniquely rare)]
Passive ability: recovery while your head is on your shoulders; slow recovery of all wounds; a skill that can evolve.
Yes, I was lucky enough to acquire this passive skill yesterday, but I had absolutely no idea how to improve it. I tried to find something about it on the internet, but I couldn’t find any information about skills that can be improved.
– Maybe something would change if I used it all the time?
Although the Immortality skill is passive, not active. Simply put, you don’t need magic to use it.
– Besides, I can’t wound myself…
I have a headache. But my heart, after so much suffering, calmed down.
– On the other hand, just possessing it is already a good thing.
In any case, “Immortality” is a skill I could definitely use. Even though I couldn’t find out a way to improve it, I believed I could find it someday.