Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 25
Chapter 25 – Players Association (Part 1)
– Who’s that? – I panicked when I noticed a group of Players in the distance.
Usually, when I found the presence of Players nearby, I tried to avoid them. And up until now, no one had ever found me first. But it looks like that’s about to change.
– They’re high level Players!
I was sure of it. Unlike the other Players hunting in the Red-Haired Wolves dungeon, I had a different, stronger qualification. I was not recognized or noticed by other people. But the attention of this group I would no longer be able to avoid.
– Somehow they were too pretentious.
Only their weapons sparkled dazzlingly.
– Are you all right? – the girl asked me.
– Yes, I’m fine.
– I’m sorry, but you look terrible. Did you happen to run into that monster?
– That monster? – I asked again, trying to look surprised on my face.
– A high-level monster appeared in the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon that couldn’t possibly be here.
“Met and even killed it,” I wanted to say, but I was well aware that I could not reveal the truth to them. – Maybe these high-level Players came after Gradon.”
They’re probably guessing something anyway. At the very least, they know that Gradon exists, since they went after him with a whole team.
– Yes, I have met him.
My words made the girl’s face light up.
– Can you tell me in which direction he went after your meeting with him? Is he somewhere in the vicinity of the dungeon? – The girl asked me, coming too close.
I froze at the same moment.
– I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to push you so hard. I must have been too pushy for someone who survived an encounter with that monster… Oh, your left arm seems to be badly hurt,” she pulled out something and handed it to me, “take it. It should help at least a little.
I didn’t refuse it.
[Healing potion (rare)]
I’m sure this stuff is only used in cases of extreme emergency.
– Apply it directly to my hand.
I listened to the girl, but I couldn’t use this miracle product. Besides, the magic had recovered a little, and I could heal myself. So there was no point in using an expensive potion when you could do with just magic.
– I have something to tell you. About that monster I met…
– Yes, of course. We’re listening.
– It was a huge three-headed leopard. And it had red hair.
– Haven’t you ever seen one before? – the girl asked, shaking her head.
Her colleagues made a show of not knowing such a monster either.
– It was just enormous.
My words made the girl’s eyes light up again.
If only they had seen traces of this monster, they would have realized its size at once.
– Go that way, and see if you can find it there.
– Thank you very much,” the girl replied briefly, and immediately set off in the direction indicated.
“How quick she is,” I thought.
Still, the Player is not the same as the Player. After all, the seven only saw a child in front of them. But if they’d been met by a three-headed leopard, they’d all have turned to meat in less than a second.
– It’s a good thing I killed it…
What if I hadn’t been able to do it? The leopard probably would have continued to roam around the dungeon, devouring oncoming Players left and right.
– Well, that wouldn’t have avoided a lot of damage.
But thanks to my being alone, it was much smaller in the end.
– Besides, I got a great reward!
If those high-level Players had killed it, they would have only gotten a dead body under the 20-level rule. But I got two ranks and one skill book for killing the monster. All in all, you could say that each of us came out of this situation a winner.
– Well, those people would probably have to work a little harder.
Although no matter how hard they have to look for the monster, they won’t find it simply because I’ve already killed it.
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
– I think we’re done here,” said one of the Players, standing near the portal to another dimension.
The Red-Haired Wolf’s dungeon had been searched up and down, but no one could find the three-headed monster.
– Couldn’t he have come back through the portal?
– It could be. But then the problem presents itself in another way.
If he came back, it means he tasted human blood. And who knows when he will come again.
– First we need to report to the association.
– Understood. I’ll tell them,” said one Player, and walked quickly toward the exit of the dungeon.
– Do you think that kid made it out of here safely? – Squad Leader Shin Yun Ah asked, remembering the guy who told her about the three-headed monster. – He probably lost all his comrades but miraculously survived on his own.
In fact, it was a problem that needed an urgent solution, so she couldn’t think about it. To encounter a Red-Haired Wolf is not strange, rather it is very dangerous for low-level Players who have lost their companions.
– I’d better be going,” the group leader said.
– And I’ll be here a while,” said one of the team.
– Where will you go? – The other one asked.
– I am worried about the Gambler, who was left all alone not so long ago, so I want to look for him.
– Good luck to you.
– He is alone. It might be dangerous here because of that monster,” Shin Yun Ah said and headed towards the place where she had previously met the Player who had shared information with her.
Soon the girl reached the point and walked on, toward the exit of the dungeon.
– Already gone.
The girl made it all the way to the gate, but she still couldn’t find the kid. She thought she would spot at least someone’s severed arm on the way out, but even of that there was nothing. All she came across were the scattered corpses of red-haired wolves.
I came home. I thought I was going to die of exhaustion. Luckily, my wounds had healed before I made it home. It was all thanks to the Immortality and Healing skills.
– As good as it is, the effect is good.
I mean, from the Immortality skill. Of course, it’s hard to call it the best of its kind because of the speed of recovery. But the “Healing” skill is definitely better.
– How tired I was…
And I was tired not only physically, but also mentally. As I was squeezing all the juice out of myself, including stamina and magic. It was the hardest fight I’ve had since I was awakened.
Today’s hunt was a mixed bag of good and bad. The good was two ranks and one skill book. But in order to increase my performance, I had to drop a lot of points. In addition, I had to pay a hefty price for the equipment I rented. The problem wasn’t really about money, though. After all, both money and points can be earned. The real problem was something else.
– Oh, you’re early today,” Mom said with a smile.
Her smile disappeared from her face rather quickly.
– What’s wrong with your face, honey?
– Nothing much,” I answered and explained everything to her.
Despite the fact that only a quarter of the day had passed, it was as if I had aged ten years.
– It’s not that bad, I’ll be back to normal in a couple of days.
This whole mess started with the activation of the Fire Spear book. It was all because I spent my life points to buy it.
– Yeah, I had a bit of a rough day today. In a few weeks I’ll be as good as new! I’m also a little hungry. Can you feed me?
– If you haven’t eaten yet, what have you been doing all this time? – My mother reproached me, but immediately began to cook.
– Oh, what a headache…
It was not so dangerous, since I used the points I had accumulated. On the other hand, I had used up ten years of my life. I could restore them in about three weeks. But if, like today, I were to lose points very quickly, it would not end well.
The cell phone rang.
– Hello? Oh, sweetie, what’s wrong?
Obviously, it was my sister.
– Hyun Seong? He’s home right now, why?
But the conversation between her sister and her mother was becoming increasingly tense.
– An accident? How could that happen? – Mom said, looking at me frightened. – Did a lot of people die?
She was even more surprised.
– Your sister told me everything…
What happened in the Red-Haired Wolf dungeon was covered everywhere: on the Internet and in the media. Though people often die in dungeons, but this time it was said that a monster of a higher level appeared there, and that a lot of people died from its paws. Of course, they couldn’t help but talk about it. In addition, all the articles, as a matter of fact, described the events in detail. The missing were able to be identified through the identification procedure. They simply checked who had entered the dungeon and who had been able to get out.
– Wasn’t the information updated?
I think if the information had been updated, my sister wouldn’t have called right away.
– Yeah, yeah, I got it. Bye.
Mom hung up on me.
– That’s why you came home so early today.
– You don’t have to worry, Mom. I didn’t even see that monster.
What I said didn’t make my mother feel any better.
– Everything has been turned upside down in one day. It’s very dangerous. And because of us…
– I like being a Gambler,” I blurted out quickly. – I love what I do! In the dungeons I kill monsters, and I get stronger. And I have a good time in general.
Even after that, Mom looked sullen.
– Nowadays everyone is awakening, and it’s rare to find someone who works at a regular job. And this occupation can be compared to a natural disaster. So you don’t have to worry so much.
Of course, I wanted to tell you that I killed that high-level monster on my own. But I couldn’t do that. To my family, I played the role of the lucky Player.
Of course, I warned them that I was “special. Because the Sow Guild representatives were up to their necks in their work to find out something about me.
I am a level 1 player who has a special trading skill. Because of this, I am able to act freely without being limited by the 20-level rule, to gain ranks. I couldn’t tell my family all of this. It was my secret.
It wasn’t that my family wouldn’t believe me or blab to everyone in the neighborhood about it. No. It’s just that my family would be in danger because of it.
Even in a normal job, there can be an unforeseen event. Just like you can get into a car accident or be injured by something falling on you in a warehouse. In any case, I’ve learned for myself that compared to working on a construction site, what I do now is much safer.