Level 1 Player (MT Novel) - Chapter 15
Chapter 15. Level 1 Player
I clicked on the special skill “trade” in the status window and looked at the remaining points after catching the horned rabbit.
– What is this anyway? – I became indignant.
The number of points went up. I wouldn’t have noticed it if I wasn’t paying attention to the details. The number of points went up by 112. Then I decided to see what would happen when I killed someone else. The number of points went up by 131. The points I got for the rabbits differed from each other. However, my best score was 140.
– But why didn’t I get points that time?
It seemed that I was only getting numbers instead of experience itself during the hunt.
– What about the level upgrade?
I need to raise it so that I can get more work in the future, including assignments. And by raising my level, I would be able to improve my characteristics. But still, why has my level not risen? Is it really a waste of effort? I turned white.
Of course, I hunted hard, collected points, and used my acquired potions and skill book. But the effect of all this was marginal. In the last ten days I was able to earn 100,005,000 points from selling electronics and batteries. But I only got 140 on the decapitation of the rabbit. But despite such results, I will continue to collect points from killing monsters, reinforcing myself with potions and skill books, which I have yet to buy. But I’d rather sell them myself.
– Well, it’s the same song: sell everything, just like now.
But only a certain circle of people were interested in such things and bought items that were unsuitable for hunting. Eventually, there would be fewer and fewer such buyers each time. I may have to sell only batteries in the future. And I still try to think positively about everything, as much as I can, of course. It will be a long time before I can buy the elixir, though.
– So, you have to put yourself in a positive frame of mind. It’s not so bad.
Compared to the time when there was not even a glimmer of hope, what I have now is not bad at all. But wasn’t that from hoping for more? In any case, it was only the beginning. The monsters, who smelled the blood of their brethren, were headed my way. Losing my mind, I had no idea that there could be so many horned rabbits in this place. But that was not the problem.
Bang! Thanks to my passive Sword Art skill, I was able to dodge. Shh-shh-shh-shh-shh-shh-shh! The blood sprayed in all directions. The horned rabbits only had time to let out pitying squeals before I could even fight back-so quickly and brutally I was killing them. I could barely hold my sword in my hands, exhausted. It was at that moment that the bodies of the horned rabbits began to transform one by one. And then…
[Incredible Achievement (low level)]
You have killed 300 horned rabbits of different levels alone.
Reward: Rank [Horned Rabbit Killer (Low Level)
– What is this? – I was surprised.
I had heard of achievements before, but not ranks. I piled up the corpses of the killed monsters and opened the status window.
[Name: Choi Hyun Seong
Rank: Horned Rabbit Killer (low level)
Strength – 70
Dexterity – 70
Stamina – 70+1
Magic – 30
Special Skills: Trade
Active Skills: Healing (low), Fireball (low), Provocation (low), Magic Missile (low), Shield (low), Ambush (low), Stealth (low)
Passive Skills: Strong Body (low level), Endurance (low level), Three Afflictions (low level), Sword Art (low level), Elemental Magic (low level)]
I got a rank that I didn’t have before. So I immediately clicked on the new option that had just appeared.
[Horned Rabbit Killer (low level)]
– Increases Stamina by 1.
– Can increase to a rare
– When you get a special achievement, then does the characteristic increase?
I searched the internet and found only one answer to my question. There is a way to increase the characteristics gained from the Awakening. Namely to get a special rank.
– Can other people get it?
“You killed three hundred horned rabbits by yourself”?
I didn’t know if you could kill a level 1 rabbit with one hit if you only hunted high-value items. The problem was that you usually level up before you’ve killed three hundred monsters. And what about the three hundred! Before you have a hundred of them.
– Well, that’s not so bad for me,” my eyes sparkled. – I could get a rare level!
At the beginning, I could only increase my stats by 1 unit. And at a high level? Definitely it still has to increase.
– Yeah, things are starting to change,” I said with a smile on my lips.
* * *
Join our discord for updates on releases! http://discord.com/invite/k4CcWXucg9
* * *
– It’s like catching a big fish at high tide or low tide,” Lee Soo-hwi muttered and tried to swallow when her mouth went dry.
One stab. Cut a rabbit’s throat in one fell swoop. At first the girl thought it was coincidence or luck, but it wasn’t. Every fight he had ended after one punch. Even during a contingency, everything went flawlessly.
– We have to lure him in.
And it seemed quite realistic.
I picked up another rock and went on my way. Not far from me, someone had just dealt with a rabbit and started moving in my direction.
– Hey,” someone’s voice sounded behind me.
Surprised, I turned around.
And two girls appeared in front of me, seemingly of my level. But it was hard to tell from them that they were. They wore better and more expensive equipment. Not like I was wearing rented cheap stuff.
“I wonder if it’s from mass production or custom made?” The armor fit them like a seamless fit. In my case, however, there was a huge difference between my body and the armor, as its size didn’t fit my build at all.
– Don’t worry. I’m a security officer.
– Oh, I see. But what’s the matter with you? – I asked, feeling that something was wrong.
Yeah, I doubted the security officers were interested in some low-level Player. If they weren’t even paying attention to deadly fights, why would they decide to pay attention to me? So I, unable to stand it, finally asked:
– Are you the officers on post somewhere near here? Because I didn’t see anything that looked like a torch.
– My primary duty is to guard the gate. There was a change of guard recently, so I was on my way back. You may not have been aware of our presence here, we used a concealment skill to avoid unnecessary battles with horned rabbits.
– Concealment skill?
Up to this point, I hadn’t even heard signs of anyone watching, let alone breathing. But how could she conceal two with one skill? Goosebumps ran through my body.
– We didn’t plan it originally, but we were watching you during the hunt.
– You were watching me?
As it turned out, my surprise was boundless-someone was watching me.
– Our attention was drawn to your extraordinary abilities. Could you tell us how you managed to achieve such results?
Something clicked in my head at those words. I have to be careful, because officially I’m a Level 1 Player, but the sum of my characteristics is 273. If this gets out, I can’t expect anything good.
– Do I have to tell you that?
My words made the girls’ faces change, and one of them smiled cheekily and answered:
– Oh, of course, you don’t have to. I was just curious, so I asked. I’m from the Sow Guild.
(P.p.: literally, graceful rain/rhino.)
When the girl spoke about it, her face shone with pride. I had heard something about this guild. The Sow Group Corporation sponsored a large guild.
– If you let me see your fortune window, we could invite you to join our guild.
I didn’t know what to do. I have to be careful, but all I could think about right now was that I couldn’t level up. Besides, I wasn’t going to join any guilds, since to join one you would have to put your status window on public display. But then everyone would know my secret. Namely, that the Level 1 Player has such abnormal characteristics and skills. That’s suspicious to say the least. You hunted, but you never leveled up? That’s even more suspicious. The level never went up, but he keeps getting stronger? That’s weird. Opening a status window is almost like signing your own death warrant.
– I hadn’t really thought about joining the guild,” I said with my head held low, and headed for the dungeon.
– Wait a minute! – The girl exclaimed and blocked the way with her body.
Her movements were so fast that I didn’t even have time to react.
– Maybe you just do not know about our guild?
– I do.
I decided to pretend and play the part of a proud man.
As soon as the girl recognized the falsehood, her face took on a reddish hue-she was starting to get angry. But she seemed sad on the contrary.
– Would you mind stepping back?
The girl was embarrassed for a moment, then took one business card out of her pocket.
– Maybe you’d like to join the guild later. In that case, just call. If you have strength and a high level, we need you.
– I’ll think about it.
– Are you going to get out of the dungeon? How about we go together? I think you can avoid trouble that way, too.
– I don’t want to,” I answered and walked away.
It was impossible to find out his level. Even after being invited to the guild, he ignored them.
– All in good time,” Lee Soo-hwi glanced at the rookie as he moved away, her tongue pointed at him.
She was rejected again. How much pride was in him. Being in such a state, even the sweetest speeches wouldn’t help lure him into the guild.
– I think I’m going to regret this later.
There was a huge difference between a Player who could get help from the guild and one who wasn’t part of it. What if he got rid of the card?
– Nah, that couldn’t happen.
It should have been arranged in person…
– Sis, when are we going to go outside? – Kim Ji Soo asked who was trying to get her attention.
– Yes, yes, let’s go now,” Soo Hwi meekly replied and reactivated the “veil of darkness” skill.